In today’s show we explore:
- Your Core Self: the essence of who you are
- Being disconnected from authenticity—Why does it happen?
- Parents and young children: the energy connection
- Children disconnect if parents aren’t available
- The range of Abandonment to Inundation: too much or not enough?
- The crucial time is the pre-verbal development
- The difference between IBP and Talk Therapy
- Become aware of holding patterns
- Different breathing for different purposes
- Sympathetic vs. Parasympathetic nervous systems
- For older kids, it’s attaching beliefs to feelings
- Character-style defense mechanisms
- Signs of fear of abandonment
- Signs of fear of inundation
- Find a balance in the middle
- Agency toward others—it’s about the intention we bring
- Crippling feelings
- Active agency vs. loving
- Triggers: How do we identify them?
- Triggered and fragmented: the same, similar, or familiar feelings
- Expecting perfection? Impossible!
- Perceptions are everything
- New triggered reactions to our oldest injuries
- Steps to dismantling
- Connecting body, understanding, and emotions
- The repair process
- Wired for survival: capable of change?
- Living authentically is a GIFT
- It all starts with breath
- Beth’s daily spiritual practices
- Beth’s advice and wisdom for herself 20 years ago? “Most things are not really a crisis. Take the time and not just get from A to B.”
- What has Beth learned about what we’re all looking for? “We’re all looking to be understood and to feel understood.”
- What is the meaning of life—why are we here on this planet? “It’s all about love. I learned this when my mom was dying. Find the love.”
I would love to hear your feedback and get to know you guys so if you have topic requests or guest suggestions or just want to say hi – you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on social media below